Wednesday 13 August 2008

Old Work Revisited

Finally! I've been going through my sketchbook and I've realised I've got tons of under developed work I want to have finished by the end of the year. Of course it doesn't help that I'm so easily distracted but I WILL do it!

Here's a taster...


Both pages from my sketchbook, recent development of pattern and colour studies for painting of Lakshmi (see earlier post). I'm really just stalling for time, but the exploratory stage is necessary, even if it doesn't really need to be so detailed!


I'm still toying with the idea of painting with real henna. The process of Henna application does have a genuine meaning behind it, my designs are for the most part made up, (though I have been buying Asian Wedding magazines) so please let me know if I've inadvertently included any dodgy symbols!

No comments: